There are many scans that we need to have to check out our bodies and our overall health. The more attention that we put towards our heath the sooner we will be able to diagnose problems and get ahead of them. If we don’t then we run the risk of getting to far along.
What is an MRI?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, or MRI is a part of diagnostic medicine that uses a magnet and radio waves to produce detailed pictures of the inside your body.
When setting up your mri near me appointment, you want to make sure that you prepare yourself for the experience. Most people who have it done say it takes some getting used to.
What do you need to do for your MRI?
There are things that you need to do before an MRI scan, and here they are:
1. The day before your MRI, you have to drink water so that your bladder is full. You don’t want it completely full but you will be told how full it should be. This will make sure that the images come out clearer.
2. You’ll have to remove anything metal from your body that could interfere with the scan, this includes jewelry and watches. If you can’t remove it then wear a bandage over it so the technician know not to scan the area.
3. Don’t wear any of your fragrance or aftershave lotion before your MRI screening.
4. You should wear comfortable clothes and leave all other valuables behind.
5. Don’t forget to bring your ID, insurance card or any paperwork with you so they can bill the company for your MRI screening.
6. Bring a list of questions for the technician and information about other tests that you may have had, with you. These may include x-rays or CT scans.